View Single Post
Old 12-09-06, 00:07
Son of Kangaroo Trooper

Default No photo of Karla (yet)

Sorry Folks, I have not come across a photo of "Karla".

Jason has unearthed quite an amazing little stash of personnel photos that was among his Grandfather's estate (Tpr Karl Lemon). I am working hard to try and identify the men in the photos (Lt. Rose's troop, B Squadron).

One of the more interesting photos shows a trooper riding a (civilian) motorcycle.

Jason, could you post that photo and perhaps the more knowledgeable vehicle people could identify the type of motorcycle and also the truck in the background? This is the one with the tank named "Trebecky Roda" (whatever the heck that is supposed to mean???)

I'm still finding new stuff all the time (and new leads) some of the informal camp shots I have come across lately show troopers with cameras, so lots of "kangaroo" pictures are out there still. At Art Bell's request I intend on coming to Toronto for the reunion this year and will have a lot of new photos, documents and artifacts to show the vets. Hopefully they'll be able to properly identify some of these newly uncovered items.

Sorry I can't be of more help at this time. But don't give up hope. I have been constantly surprised by the stuff that keeps turning up!

Bill.