View Single Post
Old 10-12-06, 17:50
Vets Dottir

Default Re: How about someone who's already been there?

Quote:
Originally posted by bgoff
It would be great to see support from here like the Beccy Cole song, and I'd personally luv to see Sarah Mclaughlin, or Natalie MacMasters do it, but how about if considering approaching a singer for this type of thing, consider those who've already taken the initiative on their own?
I found some examples by googleing the question.
http://www.pmfrc.org/deployment/story10-29.htm
Just a thought.

Bruce
Hi Bruce,

Hey, thanks for finding this and posting it. I'd love to hear these peoples voices ..............

This brings me back to an idea I would also really like to see happen, is a huge project/undertaking of a CD/album/whatever of SUPPORT OUR TROOPS various songs done by various Canadian Artists. I would love to know there was a full CD specifically with all songs about Support Our Troops done by variaous Artists, which could include knowns and unknowns, whatever. Wouldn't that be "cool" A keeper THAT would be.

Meanwhile, back in search of someone who would be a great Poster Girl that our (you) soldiers would love to have ... Keep names and ideas coming people, one of the people mentioned may end up being an inspirations tune and an image tucked in some Soldiers helmet that they peak at now and then for a boost

Ma Yappy