View Single Post
Old 02-01-07, 02:46
Son of Kangaroo Trooper

Default Happy New Year!

Hi Carmen,

I too am sorry I wasn't back in time from my Xmas break to see you again, our visit was too brief. I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip to Australia... by March I'll be in need of another vacation, Australia seems like just the ticket!

You were being too modest however in your description of the "Christmas Miracle" at the passport office!!!

...Carmen and I arrived at the Calgary Passport Office around 2 pm on the 23rd. The last day the office was open before the Xmas break. There were probably at least 40 or more people in line ahead of us. I got Carmen seated in the waiting area and excused myself to go to the washroom. When I got back a mere three minutes later from my trip down the hall, she was gone!?!? My first reaction was a little bit of panic. I thought, "oh no... I 've lost her... Geoff's going to be pissed!"

I sat down where I had previously left her, thinking that perhaps she went to the ladies room. I was only seated long enough to get comfortable in the little plastic chair when I look over my shoulder to see a smiling "Vet's Dottir" saying she is ready to go... done. Mission accomplished. Total time at the Passport office, including finding a parking spot, 20 minutes.

I am not sure who, what or why she was pulled aside and given the royal treatment but I am very thankful. It allowed us to have a very delightful lunch and a visit. All in all, a very nice afternoon!

Happy New Year MLU.
Bill.