Thread: cv joint
View Single Post
Old 01-02-07, 04:07

Default Lub it.....

Matter of lub and personal choice.....

From way back when I use to favour Moly grease suitable for heavy machinery with high loads......

... I still have a small can from Canadian Tire from the 70 when I played with dune buggies.....

Grant Bowker and I spent a Saturday afternoon takeing them a part one at a time so as not to mix the parts...... wash in solvent rinsed in gasoline..... dried... and painfully re-assembled lubing all individual parts with Moly grease.... we wore Blue nitril gloves.. it is a very messy deal... but fun...... having a second set of hands is priceless...... imagine having to pick up another piece and your hands a full of Moly... once finished we wired the screws and used Blue LockTite as well....... greased the outside lightly and wrapped in green garbage bags........

Now I have the piece of mind of knowing what shape there in and how they work.......

Take the same care with the Wheel bearings ...... will be ordering new ones next week........ expect to fork out 350 for a set of bearings and races........ make sure you get good pivot bearings...... it is not worth doing the job again.......

Next picture the seals.... again readily available.. inner at $10 and the big 6.5 in at $25...... if you have difficulty getting them let me know......
Attached Thumbnails
im003531enlresizedphil.jpg  
Canada