Thread: Project PHOENIX
View Single Post
Old 25-02-07, 21:37
RIP

Default Track Length etc.

Hi Cliff
Thank you for your offer. I'll keep my eyes open for a Carrier Kit and tracks although someone may have one to "donate" as you stated. You can have any publishing rights or whatever you want with this.

With the track length, if it is a C60-L as Keefy believes, we have a truck wheelbase of 158". We need to measure the chassis length only and then fit the running gear to that. I did a rough count of the number of track links off one of the images and got to about 168, but given a full track is 176 links I probably would have missed a few, so let's go with 176 links. By the looks of it all the standard Carrier running gear was utilised but bolted into a fabricated base and not the rear lower Carrier compartment as I first thought.

With the rear, unless we can obtain other images showing something different, go with the concrete ballast as per the original images. I've contacted Mike at the AWM to see if they have any more information and I'll also contact Ian Pullen at Bandianna as they often have good historical holdings and are always ready to assist (aren't you?).

Ian if you are reading this, could you assist? I'll PM you anyway.

Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Bob