View Single Post
Old 08-12-03, 23:56
Matt

Mr Spoelstra (sorry if this sounds too formal)
I'll be the first to admit the showers are terrible, but that will be the case for any event at the hop farm and it's the owners that should come in for a good amount of the complaints. I've always worked on the theory that you have to put up with certain things when camping. I think the worst thing the organisers of war and peace did was not raise the price earlier by a small amount a year to cover any inflation and any other increase in cost's rather than by adding it all at once.

My real gripe is the fact that FV623-Mr Notton has been complaining for at least since the last show with no constructive things to say other than he will not attending (and that others should also not go). In my opinion as a relative newcomer is that beltring is worth saving and all the ordinary attendees can get thihngs changed. I agree that it should be an MV sow, but also find it intresting to see the reenactors-in which case your prison camp idea might work well.
I thing all of our vehicles look better with a few accessories, It's just I thing that most of us are not wannabe actors (either American or German) To sum up I would rather choose between one show and another because I'd heard something good about one, not bad about the other.
PS I've got to agree about your English, the Dutch and scandinavians always put us to shame on the language front.