View Single Post
Old 11-12-03, 01:05
Vets_Dottir

Unhappy RCAF Navigator Stanley White Passes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vets_Dottir
[B]

December 10, 2003
STANLEY HERBERT WHITE January 6, 1917 - December 5, 2003 Stan White died peacefully, after a short illness at the Glenboro Personal Care Home, Glenboro, MB. He was predeceased by his wife Margaret (Gilchrist); brothers, Ernie, Jack
and Fred; and by sisters, Phyllis Martinson and Gladys Coulter. Stan is survived by his sister Norah Sheppard of Point Claire, QC; daughter Donna (Jim) Rawlings of Glenboro, MB; son John (Charlotte) White of Calgary, AB; and by
grandchildren, Michael, Scott (Lynnaea) and Elin Rawlings, and Ryan and Heather White.

Stan served in the Second World War with the RCAF 420 Squadron, and was a longtime member of the Southminster United Church, Calgary, and a lifetime member of King George Masonic Lodge #59. Cremation has taken place and a memorial service will be held on Saturday, December 13 at 2:00 p.m. at St. Matthews United Church, 2039-26A St. S.W., Calgary, AB. In lieu of flowers, memorial
donations may be made in Stan's memory to the Glenboro Personal Care Home, Box 310, Glenboro, MB R0K 0X0, or to a charity of one's choice. Jamieson Funeral Service of Baldur-Glenboro in care of arrangements. 1-204-827-2480

=========================

Stanley White was the Navigator for the Wanky Wonder, and Pilot "Stu" Carruthers, of the 420 Snowy Owl Squadron. Experiencing dementia for some time, Stan had some lucid moments. During one of those wonderful moments, he and "Stu" had their FIRST voice to voice communication since WW2. During the War, Stan and Stu were like "best buds" and just went in separate directions after the war, beut never NEVER forgot each other or missing each other. That they were able to have "one last talk" ... ah... well ...only you whohave experinced the same thing will KNOW what this meant to both of these wonderful RCAF Men.

I feel so honoured and pleased that just through my little computer and synchronicity with Stu's son, that these two found each other again.

I finally MET Stu in person not too long ago... lucky me!

Lest we Forget ... remember what these guys were there for, and what they meant to each other, they went through some pretty hairy scarey moments and almost didn't come home again ... and survived all these years to tell their stories, well...some of it, to their sons. The rest they held and holdin their hearts and minds...

Bless them both.

Carman