View Single Post
Old 31-08-07, 13:33

Default KVE Inc meeting outcome

I realise now that I was mistaken when I stated that I had not seen a proposal from Keith, in the haste that I replied to this posting & had been most upset with it. I meant to say that I had not seen his latest proposal, which has some differences to his first one, prior to it going onto this forum. As I had previously stated, no decision would occur until after the KVE meeting on 19th August.

At that meeting, the committee decided we will not condone or support a separate event over which we have no control.

It was the option of the KVE committee that all activities regarding the Corowa event should be under the control of KVE Inc, which was set up for this purpose.

Alternative arrangements may have to be made for large AFV’s away from Ball Park Caravan Park. At this time KVE Inc does not have enough positive commitment from large tracked vehicles to be able to finalise the arrangements that we have commenced. KVE Inc is already looking into arrangements at the Airport and has been talking to Council in regard to that matter, as Keith is aware. Discussions are underway regarding the paddock next door to the airport, where large vehicles may be able to play. I am also negotiating the use of another recently offered large paddock, near the airport for AFV’s to play in during the week.

As for the rumour that tracked vehicles cannot camp at Ball Park Caravan Park, this is far from the truth. In fact, arrangements are in place for that to happen. Arrangements are also in place for additional float parking in the park.

Next year has the possibility to be a very large event and one not to be missed, the likes of which we may never see again at Corowa, due to the costs associated with transporting such large vehicles. Therefore we have to make sure it all goes as well as can be planned for.

We will most definitely be looking for extra helpers during the event. Jan Thompson has her fingers on the pulse in organising this.

As things progress I will give updates. Please feel free to phone me at home on (02) 62262281 with your thoughts.

John Hedges
KVE Inc President