View Single Post
Old 18-09-07, 23:37
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Re: Anti Tank Tractor

Quote:
Originally posted by cletrac
I answered my own question about the anti tank tractor. This pic of a 15 cwt pulling a 6 pounder is off Colin Stevens website. I can't tell if it's a 2A1 or 2B1 body but it's one or the other. I wonder if they used a winch on this tractor version. A higher resolution copy of this pic would be nice! The two soldiers near the front must be standing on the tool box.
Now I just have to come up with a pic of the AAAT1 with an anti-aircraft setup in the back.
All of these body variants were used with the 2B1 bodies on the cab 12s too. In the body parts list manual it says to use the 2B1 if replacing the whole 2A1 body as it's a direct replacement.
According to the manual, the 2A1 and the 2B1 both use two long and two short U-bolts to hold the body to the frame.
Here's another pic of a 15cwt pulling a 6 pdr in Italy. I know for a fact the 48th Highlanders used them even into Holland, where they received ONE T-16, which they hated for its lack of crew space and weather protection. This veh sports the hand-painted number 68, which if a TAC sign, is the Carleton & Yorks.

The pic isn't much clearer, but maybe you can discern a little bit more of the box; all I was thinking about was using a 216 to pull all that weight!
Attached Thumbnails
15cwt_6pdr.jpg