View Single Post
Old 02-02-08, 20:06
former OC MLU, AKA 'Jif' - sadly no longer with us

Default Upgrade this week!

G'day all,

This is to advise the upgrade has been purchased and will be performed by the experienced vBulletin technicians in the next few days. I will endeavour to give you as much warning as possible before the Forum is taken down. I'm hoping the duration will be only a matter of a few hours, but that's dependent on them to some extent.

The new software will look very similar to the package we have now, but with new features which we'll all have to investigate! I know the security aspects will be improved so reduce our workload in handling spammers, and the other features mentioned in my original post will also be included. I will have to manually reconfigure the graphics etc once the software itself is verified as operational; I stress that we WILL NOT LOSE ANY POSTS OR OTHER USER-RELATED INFORMATION.

During the upgrade process, you may keep in touch with me through an alternate email address of corowa30 _at_ sympatico.ca (remove the _at_ and substitute with the regular email sign, no spaces). Please note that NOW, not go looking for it once the Forum is down...

Thanks, I'll be in touch!

Jif