View Single Post
Old 31-05-08, 16:41
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Bowker View Post
I don't have spares, in fact I'm looking for similar bayonet connected switches for the C15A. Can you let me know a source if/when you find one. Dirk is a possible source. He used to have a more searchable listing than I've been able to get to lately on LWDparts.com.
On the Chev, there are several different configurations for the connection points on the rear. I will try for a photo later in the day once I get to the barn. Your switch has what looks like a Ford part number on it. The Chev parts maual has a Chev part number and doesn't show a Ford equivalent as it often does when the parts were the same. I will look for Chev part numbers on the switches today.

Grant
Grant,,
Those are strictly Ford switches and the is no Chev equivalent..The key word is "Wadeproof" which is a Ford term for "sealed,waterproof" and there is a whole manual on Wadeproof" Ford parts..
Joel Has the Parts manual ..

68 pages
FWP-1 FORD CANADA, ILLUS., PARTS LIST SPECIAL WADEPROOF EQUIPMENT for CDN Mil. Pattern Vehicles.
Jun 1945

Of course ,If you were not going to drive the truck underwater that covers the switch location,a reasonable substitute would work fine..