View Single Post
Old 29-08-16, 20:34
Tony Baker

Thanks Wayne. The metal hardware was the most time consuming. So much wet sanding of screw heads, followed by two coats of gun blue.

This coming Saturday I hope to be going on a trip to retrieve a set of brake parts to complete my axle. I've been offered a set of the genuine brake components, and when they are cleaned and painted, my axle will then be complete. When that is finished, I'm at a bit of a loose end really. Don't have any other parts to go onto, and don't yet have the room for working on anything big. I really need to get the cabin on my truck. It takes a lot of space in the workshop, sitting on the rolling frame I assembled it on.

Also on Saturday, I am taking one of my 16" CMP wheels to the fellow who I bought my grey truck from, so he can look into why the military pattern tyres aren't fitting. He swears he has put those tyres onto identical wheels without problems. While there, I'll be picking up a radiator fan shroud, passenger side floor grip ring, two windscreen frames & glass, and another one of the civilian pattern tyres to replace the one that went flat driving on the highway months ago. I have not driven that vehicle further than a few miles from home, since having no spare tyre.