View Single Post
Old 05-12-20, 00:44
Lionel G. Evans

Default Australian Source for Varible Speed Foot Controller - Drill to Motorise Bead Roller

Hello All,

The foot controller is part of converting a manual bead roller via an electric drill. This allows keeping both hands free to move the material by not having to crank a handle by hand. Does someone know of an Australian supplier? If so could you point me in the right direction please? Thank you!

As per this and a couple of other YouTube clips for a range of different manufacturer's bead rollers - accessed 4th December 2020 from Motorizing a Woodward Fab Bead Roller on the Cheap! Part 1 - YouTube.

I have been searching online for an Australian sourced variable speed controller to adjust the speed of an electric drill via a foot pedal.

It looks like I can buy lots from China and some from the US of A. Whether they are compatible to 240 volts and 10 amps or not? Well that is another thing.

Another option could be to take a page out of the old Singer sewing machines my Grandmother had and make a foot treadle operation?

Kind regards
Lionel
Series III ex-Military Land Rovers x 2