Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 09-11-17, 00:03

Things have been quiet in the build. This year I set out to get the wire-3 box rebuilt and on the chassis. Well the was accomplished. Recently ve just been working on a number of smaller mini projects that I've wanted to get done.

I was able to track down a 5/8-18 die to clean up the threads on the original frame to box U bolts. I discovered the NOS ones were for the big CMP's so I had to cut them down and then re cut the threads lower. Once I feel like crawling under the frame they will get mounted.

Today I realized I needed to make the four clamping strips Mountings, Carriers, No1. I ended up using stainless that was sand blasted and then sanded to replicate the finish that the originals had. Once I get more of the shock mounts done I'll be getting these mounted to the wireless table.

Lastly I finished setting up my shop press. I picked up the shop made frame from a neighbour for $20. Then Princess Auto had their 10ton porta power set on sale. The frame was made to fit the Princess Auto ram so it was just a matter of threading the ram in. I did have one small issue. The fittings on both the hose and the rams would not screw together. A trip yesterday back to Princess Auto and I got them to give me new fittings. Today I finished up press forming 24 pieces for another project.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6665.JPG   IMG_6653.jpg   IMG_6660.jpg   IMG_6661.jpg   IMG_6662.jpg  

C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer

Last edited by Jordan Baker; 09-11-17 at 00:08.