View Single Post
Old 23-09-16, 06:11
carrier mech

Actually rob, I thought you might jump in on this one. You are a businessman situated near the correct port to receive such a shipment, and at the same time I know you like to further the hobby when you can. I don't think anybody else is ready to front the loot for such an endeavor, so to that end I can't see anybody begrudging you if you happen to make a buck or two on the project. Capitalism is what makes North America great.

If their minimum order is 100 or 200, I suspect those would almost all be spoken for just in Canada before they even land. Just as I squirrelled away a spare set of the STAs, I think I would have to squirrel an extra set to go along with the 9 or 14 that I currently need. The museums needs would be much greater, although I would have to see what they would want to spend. There is also Arlon Bauer in Alberta, whose collection likely requires significant quantities as well.

The only thing that would make this whole order better would be if the company could make them so they fit the British (CMP) rims without any cutting of the rubber by the installer. I realize that with some rim slip and fancy techniques, the US style tires can be made to go onto the rims, but what a chore to get them off should a flat develop.

In the 90s, when ferret tires were readily available, I installed plenty of them onto CMP rims. I always liked the look of the correct size and correct tread pattern. Hopefully we can make this happen. Let me know what I can do Rob.