View Single Post
Old 12-04-03, 22:12

Thumbs up My thoughts on the Iraqi War

Prior to the invasion of Iraq, Pres. Bush had categorically stated that if Sadam Hussein did not disarm of his weapons of mass destruction, we the United States will disarm him, make no doubt of it. So far no weapons have been found (must have sneaked it out of the country). Now it's not a war of disarmament but twisted to reflect a war of liberation (or some other agenda). Oil? Could Saddam Hussein, heaven forbid, had been tellin the truth, that he had no such weapons. If no weapons are found Bush and the U.S. led coalition are responsible for the assassination of government officials (targets), deaths of thousands of Iraqi military personnel (who will be mourned and missed by their families), civilian casualties and destruction of property, plus casualties among coalition forces. Prime Minister Chretien was correct in acknowledging that U.N. Resolution 1441 was drawn up for disarming Sadam Hussein not changing the regime and he still stands behind his statement. Normally I don't agree with many aspects of his government but I'm 100% behind him on this issue. Its sad that in this day and age so much misery could have been averted with the continuation of weapons inspection. If this reads like a letter to the editor so be it.
Ted Gil