Thread: Ferret CFR List
View Single Post
Old 30-08-10, 03:30
carrier mech

They did have British registration numbers apparently. On the website "Ferret Heaven" it listed all the contracts for ferret production showing both hull and registration numbers. It seems the earliest production ferrets were primarily export sales to Australia and Canada.

Somewhere I have seen a photo of a Cdn ferret with the Brit registration number on it, but I can't locate it right now. Or they may have shown a photo of a brit ferret in the article. If I can find it, the registration listings given by Scotty would confirm if it's Cdn.

I am not so sure ours had those large aluminum plates in them. I do not see any marks from where the studs would have been welded into the hull to mount it. I believe we only had the small plates with the serial numbers on them, in roughly the same location as the big plates should have been.

Hard to say why the gaps are in the CFRs listed. I passed a full listing of all the 123 Cdn ferrets and their final dispositions to Colin Stevens in BC. He has them listed on his website.