View Single Post
Old 27-12-06, 06:18

Sure thing.. whatever the new stuff is called.
We did a crash course on how to use this new equipment several years ago and it's way over my head compared to the older 524's and 77's that i'm used to. Maybe i'm stuck in the past and old habits die hard(?) Either way, maybe someone familiar with the equipment knows what the acronym means and can fill us all in for FYI's sake..

Anyhow, further to Stu's inquiry, many of the Iltis' were modded to fit the new equipment and the hole on the LH side for a remote is just one of them.
There was also a bracket added to the dash which straddled the centre defrost duct which held the digital keypad or sometimes just a headset hanger.
There were also special rivnuts added to the pax side dash onto which another headset hanger was usually bolted.
Some vehicles also had connectors mounted under the glove box for headsets to plug into.
Not related to comms equipment, there are sometimes a series of holes on the floor behind the gear shift where a GPS holder was mounted. These were a real pain to take out because the screws rusted in place, so some vehicles may still have had this installed when they were surplused.
You'll also find all sorts of wire bundle clamps glued all over the place. This was for the radio cables going from the radio in the back to the digital keypad on the dash, or to the headset connectors under the dash. Nice and tidy so the cables didn't get damaged by feet and kit.

Gord