Thread: For Sale: Blue ansul extinguisher
View Single Post
Old 26-06-14, 11:44
Tony Baker

Default Chris & Robin

Gentlemen, I don't see that either of you have said anything particularly inflammatory or barbed. I have read & re read this thread, looking for what was so bad to have said. Haven't found it! I think I must share the same frank gene. No point in beating around the bush, but I do acknowledge that in situations where you don't get the luxury of using spoken word, things can sometimes be mistaken for being 'rude', when you really only wanted to get a point across with minimal typing to do so.

For the record, I have sent PMs to several people (ebay mostly), correcting stated information or advising of other issues which have been inaccurate, only to see that nothing was changed as a result of the enlightenment. Guess it depends on the motivation. And no, my comments do not relate in any way to the author of this thread, who I do not know, and have no reason to doubt his motives. I'm tempted to buy the item in question, just to take the curse of this thread. Postage would be a killer though. Pity, I like the extinguisher, and wouldn't mind giving it a new home in Australia.