View Single Post
Old 08-08-16, 02:12
Corowa Project 30

Default Half-Safe ready to sail

Half-Safe is ready to sail.

Is there anyone out there who would be able to assist with the following:

Craig Olsen has provided the following update: You may be aware that I have been doing my GPA project as a re-enactment of the Half Safe odyssey. Channel 7 has filmed during 3 days as my GPA has been put together over the last few months. You are probably aware also, that its taken up a most of my spare time. The project is coming to a completion with the final filming in a week or two. This filming will take place off Barrenjoey Heads, possibly on Sunday 14th August, and will go to air soon after the Olympics. I am mechanically challenged, so I am after a co-driver with jeep mechanical wherewith all (preferably GPA experience) to be a back up to get the GPA running if something stalls us. We will have the company of a Ch 7 boat which is doing some filming.

We have built a cabin and an extended bow that fits on to the GPA to replicate Half Safe and of course to help with the GPAs low free board. The cabin has 2 hatches for entry and escape – just like Half Safe. It is planned that the GPA will be launched inside Barrenjoey Heads and then sail through the heads for some breathtaking aerial shots of the vastness of the ocean compared to the tiny GPA.
The trip is for the adventurous and if conditions are adverse, the trip will be postponed as it is safety first of course.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT