View Single Post
Old 17-07-18, 12:03

Default Aussie / American M36 6x6

Hi guys havent been on here in a while,but i am wondering if any one can help with some info.
We have had sitting at home (Perth Western Australia) for the last couple of years an early m35/36 LWB cab chassis;from what i have been able to glean so far it is a STH BEND Studebaker built Diamond reo M36 with chassis/frame number of M36 366.
All of its data plates are missing presumed souvenired by past operators,i have just rubbed back the bonnet/hood area and have found in approx 2inch yellow lettering USMC 168048, rubbing thru door reveals a red symbol with yellow3 bladed sort of fan affair with COMM HQ RAD arou.
nd it it has been last used as a drilling rig by a Perth based company and has been(worked hard and put away wet) having been repowered by a 6.354 Perkins deisel at some stage.
Studebaker stamped chassis no.s between 1950 to 1964 by model no and numerical sequence, then when taken over by Kaiser/jeep a different numbering system was used.I will get some pics up as soon as i can shanghai some one who knows how to do it (read wife)
The questions i have are can any one date it by the frame.usmc numbers.or how it got to Aus