Thread: Help ID Items
View Single Post
Old 09-12-15, 22:04
Junior Password Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Perrier View Post
Hi,

I can't ID the following items and I sure hope some of you will. Thanking you all in advance and hoping to hear from some of you very soon.
- Box Connector Twin No.29G, ZA30990

This is a headset adapter by the look of things, for 2-pin socket to the earlier DLR or CLR headsets with the No.9 jack plug.

- Buzzer ? on an alligator clip, ZA27858

Microphone. This is the "officer's" lapel mike for the 2-part headset assembly used with the WS38 Mk.3 (and possibly the WS78), I think. The microphone can be disconnected from the headset if required. There's also a throat microphone for the operator, but I've never seen the matching headset - the've always been permanently wired on the ones I've had.

- British headset (for which set) R.E.C. WATCH I.T.E. No.1

For use with the WS62 remote control unit 'L', I believe. Also fits the R209 and various other items like Radiac meters.

(The "REC WATCH I.T.E. No.1" is the actual earpiece assembly, and expands to "Receiver, Watch, Insert Telephone Equalised, No.1" - basically a single earpiece that is frequency range limited to telephone bandwidth (300 - 3400 c/s, approximately).

- Cable rubber 9 pins, 42 inches long, maker marked Cannon

Battery extension cable for the A41 and A42 manpack sets (and presumable the U.S. PRC-10 and PRC-9 that they were based on.

Regards,

Chris.
(I could probably find a good home for the headphone adapter if that's for sale.)