View Single Post
Old 23-03-03, 08:14
Vets_Dottir

Thumbs up

Hi!

ART: Thank you for your corrections regards Mohnke... my uderstanding is that my Uncle and the men with him were murdered under direct orders of Mohnke (altho Mohnke was in charge of the 26th not the 12th Div. There is also a mention in `Conduct Unbecoming' (I hope I remember this correctly)of Mohnke having done the recruiting of the first Hitler Youth given the name `26th' Division as they were chosen from boys all born in the year of 1926? I have to read more about that. My impression is that those Nazi Hitler Youth never had a chance of becoming anything but what they became because they were used and abused into creation by fanatics etc. They, in my eyes, were inhuman, like their creators. Oh man... I can't go here right now.

The year you say Meyer was released was the year I was born. The year Meyer died was the year Edward's mother, my granny (I was 6) died too. I had that conversation with my sister tonite, She's 7 years older than me. She remembered how extremely depressed Granny was especially on Remembrance Day every year. My grandfather, and grannies father, died together in a housefire in 1945, and I have no doubt that when I find out the date of that fire, that it will coincide with grief and alcohol. I'm sorry...this is just all coming out here.

Sean...talk to you later Darlin'

Carman

Whats so damned wrong is that had things worked normally once my Uncle and the others were `caught' they'd ideally should have gone to POW camps and come home when the war was done. Thats the problem with evil...it knows not humanity.