View Single Post
Old 14-12-17, 15:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin jones View Post
Thankyou gentlemen for you comments but again it is nothing more than fabrication and there is plenty here that are, and have done great work that would far exceed what I have done.
Grant, you are correct about cooling fins but David did answer what I considered during the fabrication. As I am only using 3mm plate is would be near impossible for me to keep it straight and I didn't think that what I have done would hinder the cooling effect very much and I think that the thinner gauge plate should compensate (I hope)
James I guess it was a case of have a go or don't use the original engine and seeing that I have made the trans box it didn't seem to much to think about. I will be pretty nervous on the first start up though. That part I will have to video
Please do video the start up....it is going to be amazing.
Colin my only thought, the "riser section" is thin plate, and I wonder if some form of longitudinal stiffening may be required, the original having been a cast item was stiffer.....I can only recall re-building an engine years ago (nothing like this though)....I had not noticed the sump had a "small" dent. As I had been working on until late, it was night time when I fired it up.....the noise of the con rods hitting the sump woke the whole neighbourhood....dogs barking and babies crying.....wasn't very popular !!!