Thread: Nathans C60L
View Single Post
Old 06-11-19, 07:43

Default The Trip Home

Part of the reason I never wanted a 60L was getting the things home if youre sneaky you can get a 15A home on one of those magical hired car trailers you cant do that with a 60L.

So we had to get the chev home somehow luckily enough i grew up on a farm and we know all the farmers in the local area and one very helpful bloke allowed us to borrow his Semi for a tank of fuel and a carton of beer. cannot thank that fella enough hes been invaluble in the restoration of this truck.

Once again i was on my long swing for the solar farm construction job and unable to head out to pick the truck up so the old man & my grandfather went out to collect it.

No dramas the Chev performed perfectly and happily drove itself on to the Semi for the hour journey home.

The stop at the Tailem Bend service station was an amusing one Dad has gone in to pay for the fuel and come back to 8 truckies staring at the odd creature on the trailer its amazing in Australia how much attention these old trucks attract everyone either remembers them as Grandpas old farm truck or the first thing they ever learned to drive in.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3712.JPG   IMG_3716.JPG   IMG_3718.JPG   IMG_3719.JPG