Thread: Corowa 2008
View Single Post
Old 26-03-07, 18:19
"Mr. Manual", sadly no longer with us

Default Early Birds..

Pedr..
Although I didn't make the gig at Corowa this year ,early birds that raid the stalls are a pet peeve of mine..
Now if the early birds want to "Case the joint" that would be fair enough but a restrictriction on any selling until say,9:00AM as a stipulation of a sales table,would put an end to it..
Any seller that breaks the selling rule would be asked to pack up immediately and have to leave the area...under peril of being sheared with a pair of rusty sheep shears and dipped in sh*it and sent on there way...
It would be a stipulation of entry by all concerned that this rule applys and is ridgley enforced..by the Yass mafia...
That should put the fear of God into them..and give all the parade people a chance to get there for the opening of sales at 9:00 or what ever time is assigned..
It would also open up the possibility of better prices for sellers if two or more buyers wanted the same part....instant auction..!!!
I don't think it would be a very hard sell to the table people..
Make sure that you have a Security group and medical people on hand to deal with fist fights,eye gouging , sac kicking,head butting and ear biting.... but maybe Australian's are more genteel than Canadians at swap meets...
Pretty simple solution..

Last edited by Alex Blair (RIP); 26-03-07 at 18:27.