Thread: Corowa 2008
View Single Post
Old 28-03-07, 13:31
Fan of Lord Nuffield

Default Corowa as it was

Corowa as an event has changed vastly over the years . I attended the first one in 1980 and also next events up to 1984 . Typically , around 15-20 vehicles turned up back then . The park was situated a lot closer to the old bridge back then , further to the South of where it is now.

One of the big highlights of the event back then was the local scrap yards . We raided Plumbs in Wodonga and of course Uptons freely let us scrounge their sheds . The stuff dragged out of those yards was mind spinning - cans of WW2 paint . Jeep Rifle holders . The LVT's in Uptons yard .

This F15 of Tim Vibert , came along in 1981 . This hot rod had a Ford Windsor 302 V8 with C10 auto fitted . Not your average F15 .

The problem with the early birds at the swap is really something that is nigh on impossible to fix. The dealers buy and sell among themselves anyway as they set up their stalls .

I do like Geoffs idea a lot , have the parade in the afternoon (12 midday maybe ?) . It would allow more time for latecomers and also more time for breakfast and fixing up broken vehicles during the morning , and the shopping rush in town will be over by then too .

Back in 98 , there was an alternate event held at the airport . Why , I dont know , but a breakaway group decided to have their own Corowa rally at the airport .

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
corowa 1981 t vibert.jpg  
1940 Chev. 15cwt GS Van ( Aust.)
1942-45 Jeep salad