Thread: Corowa 2008
View Single Post
Old 29-03-07, 12:35

Default Swap meet comments

Hi
I have been going to Corowa for over 10 years now, and while virtually being a local, have never been able to attend more than the Saturday. I used to love the drive out to Rutherglen, then the walk along the looong line of the convoy, with a chance for a coffee and chat as we ambled along. The drive out to the airport (and I'm scratching for a description here) just doesn't seem to have "IT". So I have used the oppourtunity to have my annual shed clean out and set up a site at the swap meet once the parade starts.
I made one, thats ONE!, sale during "Parade Time". Funnily enough, while I made some sales during the morning, by far the busiest time was after 11.00 when most sites had, or were in the process of packing up.
Make of that what you will.
I have heard many times of the deals made during the week before, sometimes concerning things I have been searching for (Damn that RH door),Frankly it is rare that I actually get to buy anything, But I still love the dayout, the chance to see, hear, touch the vehicles we are all so passionate about So what if a couple of early Saturday birds get a couple of worms, Corowa is still the highlight of my year and maybe next year I'll get to spend a couple more days there!
Thats me done
See you next year
Richard