Thread: Heads Up: 10.50-16 directional tyres
View Single Post
Old 16-03-07, 04:21
Derek Heuring

Default Re: Good job Derek.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Carriere

Derek do you know if Wade is looking at full payment at this time to guarantee price or a substantial deposit until we know the tires are ready to ship out....???? please let us know.
Had another talk with Wallace about the tires. There is still no word from S.T.A. on the delivery date, the tires are still undergoing government testing. Wallace has had lots of interest expressed from around the world about these tires and would love to start selling them as soon as possible. He calls the factory, "every 2nd day!", so he tells me. I asked him about deposits and he told me that he has our group down for 22 tires, no deposit is necessary. I asked him if putting a deposit down now would guarantee a price no higher than the 172.80 shown in his ad. His answer was "no". I questioned him at length about his pricing policy and if he offered any price guarantee. He told me that due to the additional time the factory is taking, he doesn't know how much the tires will be. He himself was never quoted a wholesale price and that he stuck his neck out and guessed that 172.80 would be a fair retail price. When the tires are finally delivered, they may be lower, they may be higher.
For Gunner in particular, and everyone in general, Wallace doesn't want or need to take credit card charges just yet. I assume he doesn't want the hassle of any adjustments down the road, who knows. Anyway, the important thing is that we are down for the 22 tires and I have his word that I will be one of the first people he calls when the tires, and price! are available.
Stay tuned! Derek.