View Single Post
Old 15-08-19, 22:41

Default The next diagnostic step

Hi All

Well after responding this morning, went out to the shop rolled under the truck and reset the adjustment this time using a torque wrench to see how much force was needed to adjust or back off. On this particular adjuster less than 2 ft.lbs. the adjuster on the other side was between 10-15 lbs depending on rotation direction. Something is up.

With that adjuster back at the correct point the brake peddle is right back up at the top of the stroke 1/2-1 inch of travel.

Drove the truck around the loop to the post office and back distance 7 miles pulled back into the shop and the marker line had again moved in the counter clockwise direction a visible amount.

Got my roll around drum puller down from the loft and put the truck up on jack stands. Tomorrow I'll pull the drum. As Rob suggest pulling the drum is the best way to be sure of what your dealing with. That is why I built a unit for pulling the drums on these rigs. That has a bolt plate that matches the studs and a lifting arm that is hydraulic so I can just roll the unit the truck level everything and undo the axle nuts and just roll the drum straight out. No damage to seal and more important do damage to me. Just can not man handle the heavy parts like I did years ago.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com