View Single Post
Old 27-11-19, 18:09

Default Running Centurion in Edmonton

Malcolm,

When I was with the Strathcona's (when they were still posted to Calgary) we restored one of our monument Centurions to running and driving condition for our Regimental 100th anniversary in 2000. It was the last running Centurion with the Regiment and spent its last days in the indoor miniature range for training before finally becoming a monument. We actually had the Centurion running and driving for our Regimental Reunion parade in 1995. It is still running strong up in Edmonton with the other vehicles from the Strathcona historical vehicle troop. We were very lucky in that we had some outside sponsorship and two excellent retired RCEME mechanics who guided us through the work (and to be honest did the majority of the work). I was trying to remember exactly how we did the clutch change but it was so long ago and I have no photos to refer to and I have lost contact with our RCEME colleagues. Here's a photo of the 1995 Reunion line up with yours truly in front of the Centurion as I was driving it for the roll past.