View Single Post
Old 15-01-23, 23:41

Default Safety first......

When it comes to safety there are no compromise. Steering....brakes....rims..... tires..... I am looking for something that fits...... we all know that they did not invent CMPs...... they relied on engineering of the day with parts on the shelf in most situation...... they may have been used prior to 1939 (design was in 37/38) or used post war for some other large garbage or cement mixer trucks...... the problem is which one...... not ready to give up yet......

I spent hours looking up in my Hollander Parts interchange manual 16th Edition 1949-50 and out of 504 pages only one page pertains to tie rod ends for Grahams, Larabee, studebaker, etc but nothing for Chev Military....... although parts for the Russian jeeps are listed.

I took extensive measurements today to be cleaned up and posted soon.

The sad part is that there are maybe tons of spare parts in South America in old warehouses and no ones knows what they are.....

Question for Terry.... I have seen Utube footage of 303. British rifles being made from scrap by hand , the elevation rear site, bolts all hand hammered and hand filed......and they look the part......would you fire them???? or the wooden 50. cal machine gun mounted ona jeep done by a guy in the Sorel area.....all from wood panted in gun flat black and distressed....... perfect lookalike until you touch it...... now that is asking for trouble......

Stay tuned.....
Canada