View Single Post
Old 17-01-23, 05:45

Default Next post as good as the first tie rods

got to do the photos first

Number 6.... see the two side pillows highly polished and they have two spring holes forthe flatcoil behind that has bent ends

Noticed the heavy base plug withthe sthreaded side forsettinga preset pressure..... and oddly....look theholeis not perfectly centred!!!!

The finished prodcut Pitcure 7 shows how it assembles.....and it istricky and greasy.... one pillow withthe central taper...then the second taper....then try putting the coil spring in the holes a three man job..

The finished product usually has a rubber flat stiff gasket to keep the grease in near the ball.... amatching light gauge steel flat washer the spring and the nut

I greased mine with Molybdenum hi-pressure Grey grease using a greasing needle attachment tomy grease gun...... it allows the grease to be pushed/squirted real deep were it is need...... cap adjustment is threaded in place at least deep enough to access the cotter pinholes and then tight enough to lock the tapered pin....back off one or two until it can be move stiffly by hand

Tomorrow may try taking the other model with the C clip at the bottom to see how they work....

Stay tuned......

....any speculation on the copper color...... my theory is that the central tapered post/ball was polished and hard chromed than lightly plated with copper as a lubricant and as a wear indicator!! ?????
Attached Thumbnails
IM003108.JPGgutsfinal.jpg   IM003109.JPGsprings.jpg   IM003111.JPGfit.jpg  
Canada

Last edited by Bob Carriere; 17-01-23 at 06:03.