Thread: 1942 cmp f15a
View Single Post
Old 30-01-23, 21:49

Default 1942 cmp f15a

so what was supposed to be a donor truck has become the main attraction. i was working on restoring a F60l and realized i was missing most, if not all the details. everything from the radiator to the seats. i saw this truck posted as a complete cab 13 and i sparked my interest. after talking with Chris Vickery, who gave me a very accurate discription of the truck, i decided to move ahead with this purchase. i got in contact with the fellow who owned and we came to an agreeable price for both parties. so while he was working on getting a title i was working on importing the truck, it was 675 miles away in Canada and had to come to the U.S. once he had the title i took care of the paper work on my end and imported it, relatively easy i must add. short history of the truck. the fellows dad bought it from the surplus store in 1948 and it stayed with the family till i bought it. the son told me he last drove it in 1970 and it's been parked ever since. so with that bit of history i felt the little truck deserved to be restored. my F60 is a mashup already, so i decided to use the cab from that to do the F15. so i power washed off the lichen and dirt to reveal a pretty rusted cab. i'm going to spend a few weeks looking over what i have and put a plan together. on the plus side i already have engine ready to go, fresh rebuild i was going to use in the F60. but first up will be getting rims and tires that hold air and freeing up the brake drums. it rolls but only with the help of a tow motor.
Attached Thumbnails
f15a-3.jpg   f15a-4.jpg   f15a-5.jpg   f15a-6.jpg   f15a-7 bren.jpg