View Single Post
Old 03-02-10, 16:39

Default 23rd Field regiment

Hi Jesse,

Great to see someone wanting to restore a Sexton S.P. It' s been a dream of mine one day but by then who knows if i could even get my hands on one. My grandfather and his brother both served in the 23rd Field Regiment..4th Canadian Armoured Division ..Royal Canadian artillery during WW2. My self and some of the veterans of the 23rd who visited the Museum in Ottawa expressed our wishes for them to put the markings of the 23rd Field Regiment on the Sexton they have there and do a little write up about the 23rd. No can do they said, sad because it's a Canadian made tank from Montreal and Canadians used the tank along with the British as well. I would love to more about your project and this place where you can get sexton. I'm working on a 20 minute Documentary at the moment about the 23rd and will be posting it on YouTube at some point in the future. I know the full history of the Regiment !
Attached Thumbnails
Aug.7th 1944 Op Totalise Day.jpg   F to 2 Sid Oliver & Tommie Thompson.jpg   Op Tractable Aug. 14th B.Q Lowe & Graham were hurt.jpg   UNCLE_M2.JPG