View Single Post
Old 21-09-17, 13:49

Default Just plan on repainting afterwards

Hi Jim

Our club worked on a TV movie years ago (1980s) supplies 10 + MVs I made up panels that covered the BBC markings on the side of my HUP. My HUP already had mud splattered on it from running around the movie location. Many of the other trucks and particularly the motor cycle were to clean so the art director sprayed them with their special mud which would wash right off. You guest it, it would not wash off the flat OD paint.

Worst situation was the B17 that was in the film they conned the owner into letting them paint, the tail, with their special paint that would wash off. It would not wash off having stained the paint. The tail got repainted at the movie companies expense.

It was an interesting way to spend a week, never paid so much to sit and watch and occasionally driving through in the background. The movie was a TV movie series about the Kennedys our part was about air base in England that Joe flew the flying bomb out of. In the end they cut 99% of what they shot from the version on TV.

One of the guys in our club supplies trucks fairly regularly to movie companies he just includes in the contract the price of a repaint.

Cheers Phil
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com