View Single Post
Old 05-11-12, 23:55

Bob, Mike,

Thanks again for your usefull comments. I am expecting some parts from the "Filling Station" soon, including bushings. These have a slightly larger overall diameter than the ones I have now, so fingers crossed. If these are also too small for the springs eyes on my springs, than I will either have the eyes reshaped or have new bushings custom made.
I didn't know the pins were so hard to find; I did see that Phil Waterman had new ones made!

In the meantime the frame is back in Khaki Green again.
I also picked up two shocks recently (the satin black ones in the pics), which were supposedly rebuilt and than left on the shelf. The action of the arms is certainly better than on the original shocks. Type is slightly different; first five numbers are the same but the number after the dash is different....I presume the difference is within the arms.....my original C8 ones are straight, while the "new" ones have a curve in the arm. I wil probably try and swap the arms.

Alex

p.s. I am convinced that paint suppiers pack some insects in every can of paint.....no bug anywhere, until you have just spraypainted something....
Attached Thumbnails
Nov.jpg   Nov2.jpg   Nov3.jpg  
Attached Images