View Single Post
Old 01-11-05, 23:57
HLIofC - Normandy Pl

Default Many Thanks...

.. to all who made the third Military Heritage Day a success.

Stewart Loy , Capt Moore, and Munro Fraser parked their veh on the front lawn under the bofors gun, 56 Fd (RCA) flanked them with a howitzer and a mortar det.

Inside and on the Pde square there were displays which covered the pre-rev war era to modern day Afghanistan. Fierarms, memoribilia, and a chance to talk to people with a genuine interest in Canada's military history.

Exceptional effort by Norm Drouillard (PerthR MAMH) and his massive display - He's gonna need a bigger truck soon, Soldiers of the Kaiser, American Civil War Re-enactment Society (Both Teams) 1812, the list goes on...

Lots of parking, free lunch, a cool, a dry day and this year about 560 locals through the door. Hopefully some of these groups did a bit of recruiting..

The Yorkers and Butlers Rangers were unable to make it, and I take responsibility for not giving Norden enough warning. Rob Dabkowski and The Prince of Darkness just didn't show up...

A few groups want to pre-register for next year, so I can safely assume that it was a worth-while event for them. There is lots of room for more displays and I would like to see more drill and firing demos from the black powder groups. I am willing to provide letters for the TPT of automatic firearms.

This is also a great forum for the troops in this Regiment. They had a chance to see how diverse and interesting Canada's military heritage can be, and are now aware of many different ways to experience it - maybe they'll be joining one of these groups...

Again - many thanks.

too many carriers
too many rovers
not enough time.
(and now a BSA...)
(and now a Triumph TRW...)