View Single Post
Old 21-06-09, 02:26
Allan Cameron

Default No Retreating Footsteps

In case you fellows are interested,you can get a copy of this fine book through the armouries and museum in Amherst,Nova Scotia.
I just came back from France and the 65th Anninversary celebrations,as well as retracing the footsteps of two uncles who landed with the North Novies. One went straight through to Germany,the other died just south of Caen in a place called Tilly La Campaigne. He is buried at Brettville Sur Leize Canadian War Cemetary,a beautifully kept cemetary indeed.
I also visited Authie,and like many buildings in Normandy,there are still shellfire holes in many buildings,but one place in particular was a church graveyard where it seemed you could actually see where a firefight took place. There were shell/bullet holes (as well as bullets!) in the church as well as the centuries old gravemarkers...unbelievable.This is where my two uncles passed through...very emotional and thought provoking.
I will also be doing a mini documentary on the North Novies as well as a doc from my family perspective.If any of you know of North Novies who would like to participate in such a documentary,please email me at;
[email]acvetvoice@gmail.com

Cheers!

Last edited by Cammy; 07-11-11 at 04:33. Reason: add info