Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 25-06-15, 14:03

As I said I got a lot done. Took 3.5 hrs to make up the main fuel lines. These run from the tanks to the change over switch on the cab floor. I went with 5/16 cunifer brake line and did the double flare ends myself. I wanted to have 1 peice lines to minimize the joints. The coils of line were done to allow for the difference in the cab and frame bouncing. A small line was also made from the change over switch to the fuel filter. I think I will wait until the engine is back in before making the line from fuel filter to fuel pump. Partly due to the fact that im not too sure on the route for it to run and where and if I should have a piece of flexible hose inline.

I also made up new tank cap chains. I found some old brass sash chain that the previous home owner had used to hang a light in the shop. Soaked it in vineager overnight to clean it up. Lastly I needed to make up two lead washers to seal the bottom of screw head against the filler neck. So out came the butane torch and the solder and i made up two blobs on the anvil. Pounded them out flat, drilled a hole and then used a punch to cut out two washers. Results a nice perfect conforming washer to seal the hole.

Lastly I got my correct length 5/8" screws and finished off the side screens. They are made from all original parts except for the strapping, windows and fastners.
Attached Thumbnails
fueltank07.jpg   fueltank08.jpg   fueltank09.jpg   sidecurtain07.jpg   sidecurtain06.jpg  

C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer