View Single Post
Old 21-05-19, 02:05

All this mouse talk jogged my memory.

Back in my university days, I expedited for three summers at the Uof M Geology Department Field School out at Star Lake, Manitoba in the Whiteshell. We had two cooks came out each year and an assistant. One year the assistant was the wife of an RCMP officer who had been transferred in to the local detachment for the summer.

The three gals and I were organizing a lunch for ourselves one day, and the assistants husband had dropped in for a coffee and quick visit. The assistant put a piece of bread in the old two slot toaster on the counter and pushed the lever down. About 15 seconds later, the bread suddenly popped out of its slot and a smoking mouse arced out of the other slot onto the counter. It hurled itself onto the floor from there and shot out the door, leaving a smoke trail behind it like an air show participant.

The three gals let out such a scream, the assistants hubby actually had his hand on his holster for a second until he realized what had happened. Then he started to laugh. And his wife walked over and punched him in the shoulder.

So maybe Phil needs to set out a bunch of toasters.

David