View Single Post
Old 23-04-04, 22:35
Richard Notton

Default Re: Familiar argument

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveCox
I dunno. AWOL for months and the same subjects are still being discussed.

My view on this will never be changed.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Surrenering any part of our constitution, including the above, is treason and should be dealt with accordingly - entry to the Tower of London early one morning for an appointment with a block of wood and a sharp axe (would the threat of a blunt axe be more effective?).
And mine neither.

Treason it is, still punishable by death (Well executed Mr Pierpoint) along with arson in HM Dockyard and sedition, IRA and others please note.

However, you may not agree with the instance, but here's an illustration of govt duplicity or underhandedness.

Just before retirement, Betty Boothroyd as speaker ruled that Magna Carta is the current bill of human rights and exists correctly on our statute books.

Magna Carta allows that nothing legally held by any person may be forcibly removed by any other, to do so is treason by means of a basic rights violation upheld by the govt of the land.

The pro-gun lobby therefore started an action under this to show the illegal removal and disarming of the population in the 1920's and specifically raised a legal action against Jack Straw the Home Sec for the recent forced removal of hand guns being treasonable under the provisions of Magna Carta.

The govt simply said that such old laws of 1215 were not applicable, so no case to answer.

Nothing like making it up as you go along is there.

R.