View Single Post
Old 18-01-15, 02:18
Mr. HUP

Default Cold Day at the Barn

I think that Bob and Grant broke the code - wait until Rob arrives and sparks up Lucifer before going out to the barn. Bob turned up at around 11 AM, Grant arrived just after lunch. The joke was on them as the temperature in the barn did not go past 40oF.

It was -27oC when I arrived this morning. At that temperature the snow shrieks when you drive over it or walk on it. Factor in the wind chill, and the temp plunged deeper. It was a good day to work in the barn. While Lucifer warmed up, I cleared the snow and cleaned off the shelters that needed cleaning. Those jobs got done quickly as my fingers while clad in insulated gloves, began to "sing" with the cold.

Back in the barn, I began surgery on my M37 fender. Bob arrived shortly thereafter and brought his truck into the barn for more tin adjustments. I am sure that the snow on his tires did not melt during its stay in the barn, but being out of the wind and close to a furnace sure makes work more bearable.

The rest of the day was spent working in relative comfort on tin projects basking in the warmth of Lucifer's breath. Makes one wonder how the folks in the Light Aid Detachments were able to function in the cold and while under enemy observation and fire...

Photos:

1 - Today's object of obsession - M37 Fender
2 - Bob's calibrated eyeball was employed to fab up a patch panel
3 - Some nifty clamps to keep the work lined up
4 - Bob enjoying the cold air
5 - The man's reaction when I told him that his truck was much more problematic than a HUP.
Attached Thumbnails
Fenreplr.jpg   maw.jpg   clamps.jpg   Cold Ride.jpg   Monkeyface.jpg