View Single Post
Old 09-02-15, 13:43
Mr. HUP

Default Busy Weekend

As seen in the above post, Bob and Grant were busy on Saturday designing and fabbing up cab frame rails. I joined the boys on Sunday for some more tin bashing. The weather at the barn continues to be perplexing. Today it was quite cold and the snow was flying sideways with the wind. It would be another day working inside the barn. Fortunately, Lucifer came easily to life and by noon hour, it was quite pleasant in the barn.

Working outside was limited to Bob clearing a neighbour's driveway and the usual snow removal process. Inside the barn the boys continued work on the second lower cab frame rail. Watching Bob and Grant working together made me think that there was nothing that they couldn't fix, repair or make. The combination of Bob's creativity/welding skills, and Grant's analytical mind/patience/attention to detail is something to behold, and the results speak for themselves.

While the boys contented themselves with their project, I continue to learn the ways of the welder and metal work. My process is by trial and error with emphasis on the error part. I expect that I will have committed almost every faux pas with the welder by the time I am finished. In any case my M37 fender is taking shape and I hope that it will be ready for paint next weekend.

"Tempus fugit" when working at the barn, and all too soon production was shut down or another weekend.

Photos:
1 - Teamwork
2 - Almost there - a little more adjustment required
Attached Thumbnails
sparks.jpg   tin.jpg