View Single Post
Old 26-08-18, 14:38

So,

It has been a long summer with little time for me or the CL70, such is life and my work schedule and demands, it pays the bills and has perks so I can't complain.

So the CL70 has, to ensure starting at sub zero conditions an ether starting aid system. The manual makes reference to it but doesn't give any details of maker or anything r even a picture of the "capsule" that contains the ether and makes it work. It was just one of those details that I was figuring was lost in time.

Once again, life, strange as it is, taught me that there is always the chance of a gem if you get off your backside and network and use your noggin.

So I went up yesterday to Oshawa as an invited participant to the opening of the Military Vehicle Conservation Centre which is the first part of the planned building expansion program as I am a museum member, so the CL70 was far from my thoughts.

But I digress somewhat, this week saw me wasting time on the vacuum that is Facebook but with a surprising benefit when I saw a Swedish truck for sale in the UK and the detail shots of the interior.

On the dash was a familiar looking device, and questioning of the owner confirmed it was an ether cold start system. See the picture attached and the silver reservoir type affair on the dash which if you were not careful could be mistaken for say a brake master cylinder reservoir. I asked the owner if he had ever seen the capsules that went inside but he said no.
Attached Thumbnails
scania dash.jpg  

Home of the Maple Leaf Adapter
2 Canadian Mk1 Ferrets
Kawasaki KLR250 CFR 95-10908 ex PPCLI
Canadair CL70 CFR 58-91588
Armstrong MT500 serial CFR 86-78530
Two Canam 250s
Land Rover S3 Commanders Caravan Carawagon 16 GN 07
Trailer Cargo 3/4 T 2WHD 38 GJ 62