View Single Post
Old 16-02-19, 18:52
Dusan Klavik

Apart from the longer wheelbase, the most significant feature that differs WOT6 from WOT8 is the demountable top half of cab, with the two handles just under the windscreen and a cover stripe over the gap. WOT8 was produced between 1941 and 1942. The early cabs had the round cab ventilator covers whilst the very late models had the rectangular airflows just like the WOT6. The step rings on the front hubs were mounted on both WOT8 and WOT6. I have this on my early WOT8 which has the round airflows. I think the purpose was to get a step to make climbing up into the high cab easier. As these rings are not mounted on the rear hubs, their purpose would not be for lifting the vehicle up for ship loading.
In addition to the features mentioned by Richard, the WOT8 had a hydraulic spare wheel holder lift, whilst on WOT6 it was mechanical. Also the engine cover and dash set-up is different on WOT8, see below.
Attached Thumbnails
P1061521holder.jpg   P1061532interior.jpg  

1938 Standard Flying 12 Staff Car
1943? Ford FGT cab.13 project
180 gall WWII water bowser project
1942 Fordson WOT8 project

www.rotanazdar.cz