View Single Post
Old 07-10-20, 00:29
VMVC

Default Ford CMP- Electric fuel pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau Bruce View Post
Hanno, what is the auto pulse switch for do you know.? Is it a Europe feature.? Is it for an electric fuel pump.? I have never seen a switch plate here in Australia with that middle location being labeled, I have only seen them as blank.
Hi Beau,

"Autopulse" was a company that manufactured electric fuel pumps. Interesting that Ford and Chevy both refer to it by the trade name and not its functional name in various publications and even on a switch plate.

I can only vouch for what is written in a Ford Parts List, and not Chevy, but it specifically states that the "Autopulse- std equipment Indian Army"
I have never seen one here too. But who knows.

No doubt it was used in other theatres but a Parts List written in 1943 was still mid war so maybe India was not exclusive. With vapour lock a problem in hot climates it would make sense to fit it on Australian delivered vehicles.

My late war original wiring harness included the wiring for it but a blank switch plate where it should go.

Cheers,

Jacques Reed

Last edited by Jacques Reed; 07-10-20 at 00:37. Reason: Added wiring harness Autopulse info