View Single Post
Old 01-08-11, 12:34

I would like to thank Gerry and Louise for organising the event, they did a magnificent job.

Those of us who attended had a good time, at least David Moore, Tom Lodge and I did.

The event was sited on the soccer field beside the municipal arena, which meant we had hot showers available inside the arena, a very big plus to the event.

Meals were available on site catered by a local caterer, the prices were fair when you consider they are a business not a charity group making the meals.

There was a convoy to the museum in Knowlton on Friday afternoon to see the Fokker D7 which is there, one of only 3 in the world if I understand correctly.

The Saturday saw the soccer field open to the public for viewing and then a parade start at 5 pm through the town of Waterloo ending up outside the municipal building, marking the Freedom of the City being granted to 3 Battery Artillery de Montreal who were there with their 25 pounder and limber and CMP. There was a 10 round salute, which because of a new way that they load the shells meant that it was flawless and loud!

There was a total of about 40 vehicles (I think) being a mix of vehicles ranging from the various second world war jeeps and CMPs through post war M35 and MLVW and M151 and M38A1 and M715s and Gilles and Carole with their VW "thing" and their Mechanical Mule and a number of Iltis and a late comer on the sunday was a local WC 52 APT used by a fire department.

A local CF unit attended with an MSVS and an HLVW wrecker and a G Wagen.

Gerry and Louise had worked very hard and dipped into their own pockets to make the event happen. The atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed while having some good organisation behind that. They should be commended for having the guts to put on the event with their band of volunteers and helpers.

Great effort, good weather, friendly people, and hot showers.

Thank you very much Gerry and Louise, great job done, well worth the drive to attend!

Regards

Robin Craig