View Single Post
Old 19-09-19, 07:02

Thanks Rick, initially I thought that pump would be for priming the entire system but know I now better.

Malcolm my filter is also a Tecalemit, so I will track a few down. My LH fuel pump has some resistance so it feels like it will pump up, any idea how long that should take? I had the filter canister off and was hoping to have fuel beginning to drip from the filter head, but I quit before this occurred.

The manual states to start the APU and then it will fill the filters, but as we have never had the APU running yet, I was hoping for another angle to get fuel to the filters. Our Centurion only has the rear LR tank, all others have been removed. We had success before putting air to the filler on the LR tank and it seemed to push the fuel to the carbs easily, but this time the trick did not work, maybe now with a clean filter we will have success.

Perhaps the one way valves in the fuel pumps are faulty and allowing the fuel to leak back to the tank and lose it's prime. Be nice to mount a pair of spin on filters on the engine compartment firewall, primary with a water separator and a secondary to the engine