View Single Post
Old 27-09-19, 01:15

Hi Malcolm

that sounds like a good plan, I will hook up the Mighty vac and catch the fuel in the canister, I was wondering about the fuel effect on the pump internals. We didn't appear to have any leaks before so hopefully we are close to a solution. I think the hose barb fitting has been installed for this very reason and if Rick's experience and ours is any indication, it is a common problem in this system. I was looking at the picture of your filter canister assembly you posted for Robin and it appears that the can on this tank is about twice as long as the one you have...but it seems to take the same filter...odd. I am going to replace the filter head in future and use a CAT fuel filter head, this will provide much better filtration, give the tank a water separator and no restriction like an inline filter may. Even though guys around here are running inline Holley filters on their performance cars right up to 8-900hp. One suggestion was an inline electric lift pump that could be switched on after protracted static periods or after maintenance. But again, I don't want to do anything to help restrict fuel flow. Even though my wallet $$$ would thank me if I could figure out a way to make this thing more fuel efficient...We honestly keep running out of fuel because of the sheer disbelief we could have consumed 100 gallons so quickly...mileage must be in the range of 6-8 gallons to the mile!

It is the first tank I have had that actually has a low and high reverse gear...and trust me...low is low...barely a walking pace. But once she is going it steers like a toy, super responsive, neutral turns, fantastic.